Previously we have discussed about the mother’s nutritional need during pregnancy. But for more details, we present 10 examples of the best food for the mother’s intake during pregnancy:
- Eggs. Nutritional content of eggs is a lot. In addition to more than 12 vitamins and minerals, eggs also contain a lot of protein. Though calorie egg is only 90 calories. In addition, eggs are very easy to get, easy to cook with different variations, and inexpensive. So when the mother was not time to prepare elaborate meals, eggs may be the right choice.
- Salmon. Salmon contains lots of protein and is a major source of Omega 3 is important for fetal brain development and eyesight. Furthermore, unlike some other types of fish, salmon contains very little amount of methylmercury, a chemical that can harm the development of the fetal nervous system.
- Nuts. Nuts contain fiber and protein of the highest when compared to other vegetables. The fiber contained in beans is also very important to prevent constipation.
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have orange flesh color because it contains karetenoid, pigment in plants that is converted in the body into vitamin A. Besides Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin is also a choice because it is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber.
- Foods made from whole grains. Whole wheat is essential for pregnancy because it is rich in fiber and nutrients, including vitamin E and selenium. Oatmeal or whole wheat bread can be a major source for the mother.
- Nuts Walnuts. If the mother does not sag like fish or eggs, the mother could try walnuts, which are a major source of Omega 3.
- Yogurt. Yogurt is rich in calcium which is needed during pregnancy. If the mother does not consume enough calcium during pregnancy, calcium is needed to build the fetal bones will be taken from the body of the mother.
- Dark leafy vegetables. Dark leafy vegetables like spinach are rich in vitamins, including vitamins A, C, K, iron and folic acid. Besides vegetables are also important for eye health and the formation of red blood cells.
- Lean meat. Meat is a source of high protein. Choose meat that fat is reduced (lean meat).
- Vegetables and fruit color. Eat a variety of greens, red, orange, yellow, purple, and white to make sure the mother and fetus to get nutrition varies, as each group of colorful foods contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are different.
Vary the diet of the mother every day to make sure the mother is getting different variations of nutrients as well. In addition, the mother also would be less easily bored when food consumption varies the mother, right?